- How long does delivery take?
Our standard lead times are 8-10 weeks. Please note, delivery may be affected by global shipping delays caused by issues such as Covid-19 and Brexit.
- What is the inspiration behind Kam Ce Kam?
We are a furniture brand born from a passion for innovative design, conceived through traditional methods of manufacturing.
Our founder and creative director, Jehanara Knowles, grew up between New Delhi and London and wanted to bring this relationship to life through the Kam Ce Kam pieces, making them a perfect medley of Indian and British culture, by reviving traditional Indian craftsmanship through contemporary design.
At the heart of Kam Ce Kam’s philosophy lies uplifting Indian artisans, creating cutting-edge designs and pursuing our conscious drive to utilise natural and sustainably sourced materials in India.
- What does ‘Kam Ce Kam’ mean?
Kam Ce Kam translates to ‘at the very least’ in Hindi and this has become the brand’s philosophy: ‘At the very least’ we encourage people to acquaint themselves with crafts rooted in the history of traditional culture by creating designs that relate to their every-day living.
- Where are your pieces shipped from and do you deliver worldwide?
Yes, we deliver worldwide! We are based in London, but every piece is shipped from our studio in New Delhi, India, where our craftspeople handmake each product.
- I am having trouble checking out, how can I place my order?
If there are any payment, currency or delivery problems when checking out, please email sales@kamcekam and we will be able to complete your order.
What are some of your sustainable practices?
- All of our timber is FSC rated, meaning it is sustainably sourced.
- Timber, stone, leather & cane are organically fused with seat pads made from coir (coconut fibre).
- Cane is hand-woven & timber is hand-carved, which uses minimal resources and machinery. This means we have a very low energy usage.
- We employ local Indian artisans and support their traditional craft and methods of manufacturing.
- We strive to use natural, ethically sourced materials in every piece that we produce.
- We use marble offcuts & re-use waste pieces from products in marble yards.
- Our packaging uses recyclable materials wherever possible.
- Every piece is made to order. No inventory means no waste.
If you would like more detailed information on our green practices, please email email@example.com.
- Can I customise your products?
Yes! In addition to our ready-made collections, we offer a bespoke service. We can make your visions come to life using both the materials in our existing collections and the wide range of materials and crafts available in India.
In collaboration with our artisans, we can adapt the designs in our collections to meet your specific requirements or help to create any custom designs you may have in mind!
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- How often do you release new products?
We launch a new collection every year. We also regularly release variations of existing pieces.
- Do you have detailed product catalogues?
Yes! Please email email@example.com if you would like to see our full collection catalogues.
- How can I find out about trade prices?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org regarding trade prices or enquires.